Monday, February 18, 2008

Being a Mom

There are moments in your life when you know just what you were put on this earth for...my most blessed life experiences was when I held my sons in my arms for the first time.

When I had Jeffrey, everyone else held him and saw him before me because I had a C-section...and I kept hearing how beautiful he was. When I finally held him in my arms...my first born...I just cried because he was so perfect and so beautiful...and he was...and I never knew that I could experience love like that before. I loved him so much that my heart just felt like it would explode. I never knew love like that before...when I looked in his eyes for the first time I knew what REAL love was all about...being a MOM. When he looked up at me I knew what I was put on this earth for...it was for him and his brothers that were to follow. He was my first blessing from God.

Cameron was born 3 1/2 years later. I loved Jeffrey so much and didn't know how I could love another baby as much as the first...BUT...my heart just seemed to get bigger because from the very first moment that I held him I was so in love. I will never forget that moment either...when I first held him and layed my eyes on him...I would have given my life for him because I loved him so. He was so precious...just as Jeffrey was. I just never thought my heart could love so much but it did. I remember coming home with Cameron and sitting in bed one night...just holding him my arms...he was about a week old...and I started crying. Steve asked me what was wrong...I told him..."Nothing is wrong, I just love him so much and I am so blessed."...I was meant to be a MOM.

Brandon was our surprise gift...like a present you didn't expect for Christmas but really wanted. Brandon was our early Christmas present...and one that we were so happy to open. He filled our hearts with more love...again...again...more than we ever knew possible. When I held him in my arms I just gazed into his eyes and told him how much I loved him and then held him so close and tight to my heart that I thought I would smother him...I just loved him so much.

My boys are so precious to me. I was meant to be a Mommy. There have been some trials that all of us have had to face but we have faced them together. As a mother, I wish that they didn't have to have the trials they have had in life but I hope that I have taught them that LOVE is what matters and that life always brings many emotions and changes...but what never changes is LOVE...and I will love them uncondtionally always until the day I join their Daddy in Heaven.

Being a Mom is what I was born for...I just love them so...my heart is filled and my cup runneth over....

No comments: